Friday, August 1, 2014

How to Fix ASUS Vivotab ME400 Windows 8 Tablet Stuck On "Failure Configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes"

My Asus Vivotab ME400 that run on Windows 8 just trouble and stuck on screen with sign "Failure Configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes" when I update my Windows online and restarting my tablet. After I'm searching online and enter some forum, I'm finally can fix the trouble and my tablet can normally enter Windows 8 again.

Here I will share step by step what I'm doing to fix my tablet Asus ME400, hopefully this also can help anybody that have same trouble like mine:
  1. What You must doing first is enter BIOS Mode, to do that You must turn off the tablet. Just hold the power button until Your tablet turn off.
  2. Press power button + volume down button untill Your table turn on and enter "Boot Device Menu Screen". There are You will see two selected menu "Windows Boot Manager" and "Enter Setup", just select "Enter Setup" to enter BIOS mode*. 
  3. On BIOS mode select tab "Security", there You can see menu "Secure Boot" and "Default Key Provisioning", on that menu select "Disable" both*.
  4. Save & Exit BIOS mode.
  5. After exit from BIOS mode You will back again on screen with sign "Failure Configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes". Wait the process until finish and enter the screen with sign "Restarting", don't doing anything.
  6. After restarting Your tablet will able enter Windows 8 again. That's work on my tablet I hope that also working on Yours.**

*Just using Volume Up button, Volume Down Button, Windows Button to switch between tab, and menu, or to select option.
** If step above not working on Yours tablet, You can repair using Windows 8 recovery USB. What I'm explaining here is methode that work on mine. :)
*** Sorry if My English not good enough, but I hope all of You understand with My explaining above. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE AFTER U ENTER ALL THIS. I AM STILL WAITING NOW..ABOUT 1 MINUTES????

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 MINUTES SORRY. NOT 1

    ReplyDelete